Japanese University & College Student Interns
Osaka YMCA believes in giving local students the opportunity to gain valuable international work experience by working in a globally focused department. Interns will be able to expand their understanding about Global Citizenship and international culture and have the opportunity to practice their English skills and work with like-minded people from around the world.
- Must be a Japanese citizen or resident of Japan and be studying at a Japanese tertiary institution in the Kansai region
- Be between 18 - 26 years of age
- Be fluent in Japanese (a JLPT Level 1 BJLPT or higher for those who speak Japanese as a 2nd language)
- Possess good computer skills: ability to make presentations about one’s internship experiences through Powerpoint or Keynote
- Have a willingness to improve on their English if required. We highly encourage any participate to learn as much Japanese as possible prior to joining the program.
At present, we are currently accepting study abroad students for our Global Department at our Headquarters in Tosabori but are have other positions available from time to time. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out what is available.
Global Department Program Assistant
In this internship the intern will work with both the Global department staff and other international interns providing research, administration, promotion and coordination assistance on global programs such as the Global Youth Conference and social enterprise. The intern can start from early April, 2019 and will work through to mid-August once or twice per week on a mutually agreed basis. The intern is expected to attend the Osaka YMCA Global Youth Conference (GYC) which will be held from August 6th - August 9th, 2019.
For more information, download the pdf file below or contact us here!
Osaka Uni - 2019 Global Dep Program Assistant InternOsaka Uni - 2019 Global Dep Program Assistant Intern.pdf (364KB)
How is my application assessed?
The Global department will assess the skills and suitability of a candidate based on the following evaluation points:
1. Information contained within their application form and attached documentation.
2. Responses to questions during the candidate’s interview. The Global Department Coordinators will rate the candidate’s responses to questions, average their scores and discuss their suitability in a group. Each internship level is graded and an intern must show they have the raw ability, attitude, enthusiasm, leadership and language skills etc. to be able to complete an internship successfully.
3. Further discussion with their referees or organisations endorsing their application.
* An intern does not have to be a YMCA member but must show that they are willing to follow the principles of the Internship program and the YMCA.
What responsibilities does an intern have during their internship?
If an intern accepts an internship from Osaka YMCA they must agree to:
1. Have appropriate insurance cover by their host tertiary institution, student insurance or travel insurance for the duration of their internship at Osaka YMCA inclusive of all days participating the program
2. Agree that Osaka YMCA can use photos and video material of themselves for the purposes of Osaka YMCA promotions, including web-based and printed material.
3. Read all materials provided for regarding their internship and Osaka YMCA in general
4. Prepare adequately for their internship
5. Prepare suitable materials for cultural exchange activities with representatives from other countries of required
6. Ensure that they have access to enough money in the event of emergency or financial necessity
7. Learn simple Japanese phrases such as greetings
8.Participate in all parts of the internship program including the Global Youth Conference, promotional events and as stipulated in their daily work schedules.