Eligibility for application:
Applicant must belong to a church and presently serves there or has plans to do so in the future. The applicant must be
non-Japanese and has a need to learn Japanese. (Nationality and funding are inconsequential.) Applicant must have a strong desire to attend YMCA and study Japanese (not just the sender/ sponsor) The sending church must have an office in Japan with a representative who will be the student’s guarantor and will take responsibility for the student while living in Japan.
DISCOUNT APPLICATION COURSE
The Japanese Language Department
Full-time course & Step Course
Reduciton Calculation : 30 percent of Tuition.
* Other fees: Enrollment fee ¥80,000, Materials (texts) ¥5,000 / 6 months, college student visa renewal fee ¥20,000.
Applicant must be dedicated to Japanese language study and fulfill attendance requirements.
Applicant understands the nature of international / regional activities and will actively participate as a volunteer.
- participate in worship services and programs by sharing testimonies and giving messages
- Show international support by helping with handicap programs and contributing by giving donations
- Help schoolmates
- Participate in cross-cultural programs with local schools, etc
SCHOOL FEE PAYMENT DEADLINES
Visa holders must pay within 2 weeks of commencement of classes. Students applying for visas through YMCA must pay by the time the immigration office issues the certificate of eligibility (the residency permit).
The following is a list of reasons in which an a student may be suspended.
- The student record shows too many absences, meaning the student was absent more than 90% of class days. The student’s attitude is not good and the quality of the schoolwork is very low. Student does not take exams and grades are incomplete.
- When the student breaks the policies of the school or the laws of Japan.
In addition to the documents necessary for applications, the following documents must be submitted. Upon submission, a guarantor (representative from sending agency) or another responsible person needs to come to YMCA for an interview.
- Financial aid request form.
- Statement of promise
- Brochure about group to which student belongs
Acceptance is based on the evaluation of presented documents and on the interview test. (However, acceptance is not based solely on documentation.)